Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Very Singleton/Nesbit Christmas

I haven't been home for Christmas in 4 years so this years was devoted to staying home!


It was great hanging out with my family and having everyone come from their far away locations to be here.

The kids performed the Nativity

 On Christmas Eve I was feeling pretty sick and fell asleep as we watched a holiday tradition "We're No Angels". Jake put me to bed and set out all the gifts. At midnight I woke up and felt terrible that I was a sleepy party pooper. Since Jake was still awake we opened presents together in the middle of the night. 

Jake's family usually makes each others presents so I decided to extend the tradition to my family as well. It was fun talking to everyone's in-law's and internet stalking to find their phone numbers. Here's how they turned out.
There's definitely something to making presents. I was a lot more excited about Christmas and the anticipation and thought a lot about my family while making them. I definitely don't think that I'll be able to do it every year though.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. You and Alicia both posted about Christmas today. I thought... Did i miss something? I love your family tree. What a great idea! We do homemade gifts too and i feel like i am running out of idea's but i may have to remember this one. You're right, making gifts is more exciting! Merry Christmas Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo fun to finally see these pics! (You were supposed to e-mail them to me :)). Love the one of Dustin yawning and caption over it. hee hee. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete