Friday, January 28, 2011

Buddy the Squirrel

We have a giant coniferous tree in our front yard. In the tree a squirrel named Buddy is thriving.


Here's a close-up of our hero.

Here's his nut box.

You may be thinking that we are kind to be diligently feeding a tree rat. Well we aren't.

But these ladies are.

Nearly everyday they come by our house and putter around our front yard shouting BUDDY! And they put some nuts in his box and walk away dejectedly because their dear friend didn't come down to greet them. Jake and I usually watch from the window.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty exciting Kara! I don't know if you know but i am very much a squirrel lover. I should come get a look at Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty funny! We used to have TONS of chipmunks at our last house. They were fun to watch while we ate our meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah i love that you got of picture of them(as in buddy and his followers), I met buddy once...he was up on the highest branch ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... that is all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete