Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nesbit Conversations

Something great about being married to Jake is that he knows about a lot of things...science....how the world turns, things like that. So, if I ever start dreaming about new inventions, he usually brings me to reality. The more he brings me to reality, the more ridiculous and silly I become.
I've recently thrown down about $600 in repairs on my car and many of the problems are due to the freezing weather. So, as we were driving around yesterday I told Jake I was going to keep my car warm using thermal heating.


"All heating is thermal heating. Saying you're going to use thermal heating is like saying you're going to drink wet water," says he.


"Yes I know. I'm going to actually use my thermal underwear, turn it into a blanket, and use it to heat my car," says I.


"Thermals don't actually produce heat...our bodies produce the heat, thermals keep it in," says he.


"I'm going to use the heat in the earth to heat it."


"Geo-thermal?"


"Yes."


"How are you going to do that?"


"I'm going to drill a long tube made of heat resistant materials in the driveway. No, the grass in front of the driveway so I don't have to go through cement. The heat will come up from the tube and keep my car warm."


"How deep will you drill?"


"A million miles."


"The end will stick into outer-space and now you're car is even colder."


"A hundred miles"


"Now it's in China, I think a hundred feet might do it."


The conversation went a little further until we got to MCDonalds for our $3 Quarter Pounder meals. It's only fun to say ridiculous things because Jake knows they're ridiculous but he usually encourages me to dig myself a deep enough hole so I can't get out. Ah married life!


For all you visual learners out there:



6 comments:

  1. You guys are too funny! Scott and I's conversations are MUCH more elementary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am at work reading this, taking a break while my files are saving and I am trying really hard to control my laughter because this is seriously way funny. I love and miss you... I am going to text you right now to talk about my visit to logan, because i want to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kara, what it must be like to be in your head...oh and if you're low on minutes I'll just call you. I'll try sometime on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of using your thermals to keep your car warm. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Engineers = dream killers, that's why they rarely end up with artists. You might want to start looking for a good psychologist for your future children now. Poor kids, not knowing if they should analyze or dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara, you're hilarious! I bet you and Jake have some pretty fun conversations!

    ReplyDelete